Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Nana and Da'be came to visit for the 4th of July and we had a blast! They got here Thursday afternoon and we went to Cock of the Walk for supper - it is one of our favorites. Friday morning started out with some very exciting news...CC found out that she passed her nursing boards and is now an official RN. Congrats! We are soooo proud of you! We headed to the pool around mid morning and enjoyed a nice swim before the weather turned bad around noon. Addison is such a big girl in the water with her swimmies on...she jumps off the side of the pool and will kick and move her arms to get everywhere she needs to go. We headed back up to the clubhouse around 5:45 to join in on the Lake Caroline 4th of July celebration, cookout, and fireworks show. We had a great time sitting outside enjoying the wonderful weather, good food, listening to the music, and watching the boat parade. It was so relaxing to not have to be running around the whole holiday. The fireworks started around 9:00 and Addison finally warmed up to the loud noise after about the first 5 minutes.





Saturday morning, we headed out for a day of shopping! Since CC is now officially going to be off of Da'be's payroll, Da'be headed out to get her some new living room furniture...her current living room furniture is the same age as CC so she is definitely deserving! Where else would you shop for furniture but...Miskelly!

She found one...and they deliver to Macon, but it will be at least a month before it is available. I guess when you have waited this long; what is one more month!

Of course, Addison had to ride the carousel a couple of times before we could get out of there!

Lee and I worked really hard the weekend before last on Addison's big girl room and it looks great! I have taken pictures along the way, but it is not decorated and therefore I am not ready to share my makeover pictures yet. I went to the doctor on Monday and everything is still going great. I took my sugar test and passed! That was a relief since I have eaten a whole lot more sweets with this pregnancy than I did with Addison and it would be hard to stop although Lee doesn't understand what the big deal would be if you had to cut out sugar for the next 3 months! Easy for him to say since he wasn't the one taking the test. We are still working on a name, but have narrowed it down to a few...please feel free to make suggestions; we are listening!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

If that is your mom's new couch in the picture, I love it! I'll miss the old one though - a lifetime of fond memories in the 2 living rooms that it's been in - all of our "american girl" plays, lots of gymnastic stunts off of the couch, lots of recording of Days (I think it was Days), lots of movies, many summer olympics, many spend the night parties, many good naps. :)but I know your mom will enjoy the new furniture. :)
As far as names for Baby Lindley, may I suggest any use of Morgan or Elizabeth - both good, strong family names from her aunt (and aunt CC who spells Elizabeth with an 's' - so if you want to spell it that way, I understand :)as long as she knows that it's for me too. :) I'm not a bit self-absorbed! :)
love y'all,
morgan

Anonymous said...

im excited about the new furniture cause the old couch is being handed down to me!!!! It was my 2nd bed anyways... Not only is Mom getting a new living room suit she seems to be redoing pretty much of mine and Stacey's side of the house. I just think she is bored(nothing to do with the extra money)

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest my Grandmother Abrams first name. She was Maggie Lee. I think Maggie (Elisabeth for Carrie or Elizabeth for Morgan) sounds nice. You could always name her for my Grandmother Bell - Beatrice - Just kidding! Whatever the name, she will be loved by all.