Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doctor's Appointments

Addison went for her 2 year check-up on June 2nd. She measured in at exactly 3 foot and weighed right at 35 pounds (both above the 95th percentile). She is a big girl, no doubt, but every time I tell people that she is 36 inches tall they always say "You know you are supposed to double your height at age 2 to get how tall you are expected to be." All I can say is if she makes it to 6 foot, her daddy will be a proud man and have her on a basketball court real soon! She had to have her finger pricked and she didn't like that one bit! Once the lady finally stopped squeezing her finger, she never took her eyes off of that vile of blood, she wanted to know exactly what they were planning to do with it. Later that afternoon, Lee took her to get her last round of Hepatitis A and she didn't do too bad. They gave it to her in her arm and he said that she looked at him and said, "Oww Daddy, it hurts" but never did really cry. I called right after that and she answered the phone, "Hey Mommy, I gots a bo-bo." It was so cute and now we are a little bit fascinated with Dora band-aids!

I realized that I haven't really given much of an update on Baby Lindley #2 - no, we haven't decided on a name yet! It is still too early for us - I am afraid that I might change my mind if I pick this early! Anyway, I went to the doctor for my 22 week checkup on June 9th. She has a strong heartbeat and everything seems to be going great. At the 18 week sonogram, all of her measurements were right on track with her due date, with the exception of their comment that she had long legs! My blood pressure has been normal/low and my weight gain pretty steady; the only bad thing is that Dr. Cole did put me on an additional iron pill, but that is nothing to complain about. She is kicking around like crazy; I think that she is a little more active in the womb than her big sister was even though she has more than made up for that since birth! Keep us in your prayers!

No comments: