Thursday, March 26, 2009

St. Paddy's Day Parade!

The St. Paddy's Day parade rolled through downtown Jackson this past weekend and we were several of the many thousands and thousands of spectators that turned out for this event complete with absolutely beautiful weather. I grew up attending the parade most every year with my grandmother, her sister, and my cousins so it was so much fun to be able to share this with my mom and two little girls! If you are looking for fun weekend in March, I would definitely recommend it. Needless to say, we had a blast and Addison was very into catching lots and lots of beads. After putting quite a few on herself, she would say, "I want to put one on you, Mommy!" Anxiously waiting for the parade to start...
We lucked up and even got a spot in the shade so we didn't have to worry about getting sunburned. Da'be made sure that Addie was close enough to share in all of the excitement as well as catch a few beads! They didn't miss too many that came within their reach - they were pretty fearless!

Maggie even caught a few little beads and a stuffed duck that was thrown especially to her!
Getting ready to call it a day...after two and a half hours and the parade still going strong, I asked Addie is she was ready to go and she said yeah, maybe we can come back and see some more parade tomorrow!
Look at all the beads!!! So much fun!


I have been meaning to write about this cute little moment with Addison for quite sometime, but always forget. Even though it doesn't go with this, I will take time to do it now! About a month ago, I was changing out seasons in Addison's closet and had her trying on lots of clothes. Her overalls caught her finger when I was snapping it together. I know it hurt - she didn't cry, but I immediately started kissing it to make it feel better then she wimpered and said, "Mama that kiss went away; kiss it again!" I felt terrible. And, I found it funny that when it still hurt after I stopped kissing it, she assumed that the kiss had gone away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We never get enough kisses!