Monday, March 22, 2010

It Ain't Easy Bein' Green...St. Paddy's Day Parade!

My sister and I grew up going to the St. Paddy's Day parade with my grandmother, her sister, and our cousins who lived in Clinton. It was an annual tradition that we looked forward to every year! My mom attended her first St. Paddy's Day parade a few years ago and we have made this an annual event with my two girls! We loaded up this past weekend and headed downtown with a picnic in tow. We found a front-row spot on Capitol Street and parked the strollers then pulled out our picnic while waiting on the sun to break through the clouds. The wait was well worth it - the girls were able to see (without having to be held!) and really got into "catching" beads. As I watched little kids run out into the streets in between floats to grab beads off the street, I laughed and told my mom..."I remember doing that!" and she laughed and said I can just see Grannie sending y'all out there!!! Addison just LOVED all the people dressed up silly and hanging beads around her neck and Maggie had that hand-waving downpat before the parade came to an end! We can't wait to make many more memories in the future as well as add to our crowd - maybe next year my cousin, Tria, and her new baby Claire along with Aunt Donnie Faye can join us!!!

After we got home, Addison (all on her own) came walking from her room in this get-up saying she was a "Parade Fairy" and we have been throwing/catching beads all weekend taking turns playing parade! And...I have to add that all the many many many beads that we brought home are driving Lee crazy!!! But she is one happy girl!

No comments: