Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lots of Firsts!

Maggie has had quite a few firsts during the last week. First, she took her first "bath" with Addison and Daddy! Addison was so excited to be able to share the bath tub with her. Needless to say, she only stayed long enough to get clean and for me to snap a few pics because Dad and Addison were cold because the water temp couldn't be too warm!

Next, she took her first bottle this week! I was interested to know how much milk she was taking each feeding so I selfishly pumped and fed her the first bottle! I know - the mother shouldn't be the first to feed, but I didn't with Addison! So, I pumped some more and both Lee and Addison have had their turn since. But, I have to tell the funny story of my very observant two and a half year old - she is so smart! So, here goes the dialogue:

L: "Addison, do you think you can feed Maggie?"
A: "No!"
L: "Why not?"
A: "I don't have milk in my boobies!!!" (Side note: the night Maggie was born, Addison broke down in tears the first time she saw me feeding and said "She's biting Mama" so we had to explain that she didn't have teeth so she couldn't bite and that that was how she got her milk!)

Lee proceeds to explain that we are going to put the milk in a bottle and she gets real excited and the next thing I know here she comes:

A: "I got the towel (with the burp cloth hung over her shoulder)!"
A (to Lee): "I've got to pull my shirt up!" then she heads to the couch and tells him "I need the pillow (the Boppy)." She did a really good job and I sat with her the whole time to make sure she kept the bottle up and I burped her after every ounce.

Now she was set, isn't it funny what litttle sponges they are at this age. She doesn't miss a thing! Funny story that I just had to share! Not a day goes by that she doesn't crack us up!

4 comments:

Macki Smith said...

Stacey, Addison looks just like you in this picture feeding Maggie! You have such precious little girls...I can't wait for ours' to arrive (5 weeks to go!) Also, what is your e-mail address, and I can invite you to our blog. Love ya, Macki

Julianna said...

i love all your entries! I haven't had a chance to read all of them, but i've read a few! Addison is beautiful, as is Maggie!.. I guess the pictures of Maggie in the recliner is a very good example of just how fast they grow up! I just wanted to stop by & tell you that you have a beautiful family, and hopefully i can stop by here and read your blogs more often. They are so cute!
I kep track of their pictures through Cari's facebook, haha. Now, i can read about how they're doing. (: Take care!
-Julianna

Anonymous said...

Makes us really wonder whats going thru the little ones heads all the time. They are both growing. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks.

Morgan said...

I love this story!!! so sweet and funny!
love you,
morgan