Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!

We got to spend the whole Thanksgiving week this year with my mom since I am on maternity leave and it was so much fun. She is always off the whole week and I am usually jealous at work because she usually visits us and is out shopping/playing and I am stuck sitting at my desk until 5! But, not this year, and we definitely made the most of our week. We spent Sunday through Wednesday in Madison decorating my house and shopping. For the first time ever, I am pretty much finished with my Christmas shopping (still a couple of things to pick up but I know what I am getting so that really doesn't count!) and I have never had my tree up before Thanksgiving, but since we were going out of town I wanted it to be up when I got back. Then, we spent Wednesday through Sunday in Macon and we helped Da'be decorate her house for Christmas after Thanksgiving and just relaxed because it was too windy and cold to be out very much.
Decorating at our house in Madison - Addison was a big helper!
Posing under her "Fairy" Hallmark ornaments that Da'be gives her each year - it is a series that started the year I was pregnant. Maggie has the newest series this year that has a snowman hanging an ornament each year.
Addison has only had a pacifier at bedtime and naptime, but it is way past time to kick this habit as well so we have been telling her since before Maggie was born that we were going to put all the "pappies" under the Christmas tree and Santa would swap them out for toys. She had bought on to the idea and told several people of her plans. Well, while we were at Da'be's house (and no one was in the room with her) she decided that to hang her "pappie" on the Christmas tree! I was so proud of her and now Santa is going to take them to little girls who don't have a "pappie". This was on Saturday and so far so good. Don't get me wrong, we have cried ourselves to sleep several times and had to discuss our plans for the "pappies", but she didn't mention it at all this morning and went to bed without tears or talking about it tonight. We have one on our tree and we left one on Da'be's tree and they will hopefully stay there! Da'be told her it looked like a "diamond ring" hanging on the tree!


No comments: