Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas In Heaven - In Loving Memory of my sweet Daddy

CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

I see the countless Christmas trees,
Around the world below
With tiny lights like heaven’s stars,
Reflecting on the snow.
The night is so spectacular,
Please wipe away your tears,
For I’m sharing Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs,
That people hold so dear,
But the sound of music can’t compare,
With the Christmas choir here.
I have no words to tell you,
The joy their voices bring.
It’s far beyond description,
To hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain within your heart
But I’m not so far away
We really aren’t apart.
So be happy for me, loved ones.
You know I hold you dear
And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift,
From my heavenly home above
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all “LOVE” is the gift more precious than pure gold,
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
As my father said to do
For I can’t count the blessings,
Or the love He has for you.
So, have a Merry Christmas and wipe away those tears
For I’m sharing Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.




This precious poem has hung on my Christmas tree every year for the past 5 years in loving memory of my sweet Daddy. It is a reminder of God's promise of what is in store for us in His kingdom and that He is taking care of our loved ones. I can't imagine what a wonderful celebration my Daddy must be experiencing. To anyone reading this that might be going through your first holiday season without a very special loved one, I hope this poem brings you peace. You never get used to a loved one being gone and I can't give you false hope that each day gets easier because it doesn't. While it may get easier to make it through each day, it is the memories you make after they are gone that you miss in sharing with them the most. This is what makes each day and year that passes harder and harder. I have lots and lots of memories of a very happy childhood shared with both of my parents and my sister and no one can take these away from me. Since the loss of my father, I have married the love of my life and welcomed two beautiful little girls so there have been lots of days that my heart has been heavy with the memories that I have missed sharing with him, but I know that he is looking down with a big proud grin on his face and bragging to everyone about his precious grandchildren. No doubt, this Christmas morning will be hard, there will be a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye because I can already envision that my Daddy would be sitting in the floor holding Maggie and later chasing Addison around the front lawn as she played with all of her new toys - he was always a big kid at heart. Losing a loved one teaches you many things - cherish every second, make lots of memories, and take lots of pictures! So, to all of my family, excuse the many flashes from my camera, but there are few things that make me smile bigger than looking at a picture and being reminded of a special memory or hearing the sound of a familiar voice on a home video that I miss hearing so often. So, since we never know when God will call us home, it is up to us to capture these memories for those that we leave behind. Merry Chirstmas!

5 comments:

Ashia said...

whew gal, what a post! my eyes are all teary-eyed! i wish i could've met and known your dad!

The Banks Family said...

OH Gal... what a tear jerker.... I thought of him yesterday when we were all together... he would have thought we had lost our minds like mama did but he would absolutely eat those girls up...I hope ya'll have a great Christmas and I had such a great time yesterday... we need to do it more often... I need some copies of the pictures too...

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a little late checking your blog. As I sit here at work reading your thoughts about your Daddy, I have tears in my eyes. I get so caught up in my loss, that I sometimes forget your loss. I'm sorry if I have not been there as much as I have needed to be for you. He was a very special person who loved you and Carrie dearly. We truly lived our lives for you girls. The comfort I get about your Daddy is that he lived each day as if it were his last. He was a kid at heart and I wish we all enjoyed life each day as he did. I know Larry would have loved Addison and Maggie as he did you and Carrie. We all miss him and wish he were here with us. Thank you for posting your thoughts about your Father and you are right about him playing with Addison and all of her toys.

Morgan said...

Stace,
Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Ok I was crying when I read your post; then I read your Mom's and it's just gotten down right messy on my face! :)
We'll have fun telling your girls stories about your dad--they'll feel like they know him through us. (I know more stories about Mama Annie - Beth's mama - than my own mama does b/c she talked about her so much. I feel like I know her. We'll all do that for your girls.)
Love you,
Morgan

Anonymous said...

http://www.markbattypublisher.com/jsp/buytramadol/#6028 tramadol online cheap no prescription - tramadol 50mg opioid