Sunday, January 10, 2010

Santa Visits the Lindley Household!


WOW...the joys of Christmas morning this year! So much fun to watch the excitement through your children's eyes! We did have to wake up our girls at 7:45 because CC had to leave for work no later than 11 and we just didn't want to wait any longer...I know that these years are limited and soon we will be joining those of you that are awakened only hours after you laid your head down!!! I was so surprised at how excited Maggie was - she just went back and forth picking up everything and wanting to open/play with it immediately and Addison loved unwrapping gifts (she helped us all!). They both got an enchanted treehouse tent and we have held numerous "classes" with all of Addie's students and changed several diapers/clothes for all our gazillion babies in this new secret hideaway! They are so much fun to observe "playing" - it really proves to me that we all have watch what we do and say because they pick up on EVERYTHING! Addison has been driving the bus on our couch and she puts the stoller in the trunk, straps the babies in their seatbelts, stops to get gas, and has a little "road rage" every now and then! She is too funny and Maggie is proving to be just as smart...as soon as Lee got home from work yesterday she followed him to his bedroom and carried his pajama pants and t-shirt for him to change into!!! Santa brought Maggie a rocking chair and she LOVES it - this child will just rock and rock and rock. I even caught her rocking her baby the other day! As I mentioned above, Addison has a huge imagination right now and pretends about everything so she got lots of "teacher" things from Nana...clipboard, Post-It notes, notepads, paper, pencils, pencil box, etc. and she is using them all. We even had to move all of the coloring supplies to their own cabinet. Addison also got some "animal bracelets" in her stocking and her mouth dropped and she said, "This is what I wanted!" - amazing how they know the newest trends even at 3! Da'be went with one big gift this year for both girls - a trampoline!!!! They were super excited and Addison just jumped and jumped and Maggie giggled as she bounced! Couldn't stay long because it was cold (and we have only had a chance to jump again once since then!) - it does have sides but we haven't put those together yet!
Lee and I were both really good this year (or at least we thought so!) since we seemed to reward each other! Lee got the gun that he wanted so badly and I must say it was worth it to see the smile that lit up his face the minute that he raelized what it was! He gave me (and Addison) a pair of cowboy boots and we couldn't wait to wear them and the 3 of them gave me a set of pearls (thanks to Katie for helping pick them out!). CC helped expand my wardrobe with lots of new fashionable clothes from both my mom and her!
Anway, I have blabbed enough and we had a great first Christmas at our own house and look forward to many many more!

2 comments:

Grace said...

So cute, they are precious and growing up soooo fast!

Kim said...

Hi Stacey! The stars aligned today- I spoke with Lee this morning & a girl at my new work gave me her blog address- both of which got me thinking of you!
Your girls are so sweet! and getting so big! I think of you and our time together at KPMG/JBH often, but you know how bad I am at keeping in touch, so I am glad to check in with your family and see that you are all well & happy. Sorry to clog up your blog, but I wanted to say hi!